Hey guys, just posted this on a forum thread over at GKIC
Joann wrote:
"I've answered the most important question
Why should I, your prospect, choose to do business with you versus any and every other option (including doing nothing)?
Why should I, your prospect, choose to do business with you versus any and every other option (including doing nothing)?
Because I make it easy for them to have fun and be creative. More than any other bead kit provider. Easier than bead stores. Easier than classes.
My clients get to choose exactly the design they’d like to do. All the supplies arrive by mail in a few days. No picking a pattern in a book or magazine and hoping that your local bead store will have exactly the right beads. Or even worse, substituting bead X for bead Y and then having to remember to replace Y with X every time in the instructions.
And then there is the question of having enough beads. Even if you get the beads at your LBS you may still discover you don’t have enough beads. So you have to slog back to the store and hope the beads are still in stock.
With my kits, all the beads and other supplies are included. All you need is a pair of scissors to start with. And if you find there are not enough supplies, for ANY reason, I’ll send the ones you need out ASAP. Now, this obviously applies to manufacturing defects. If I didn’t include enough beads in the package I’ll make it good. But this also applies if your dog at the beads, your cat played hockey with the thread spool or you spilled coffee on your instructions and can’t read them anymore. Just contact me and tell me what you need more of. I’ll send them out by mail.
In addition, I provide personalized help. I have made a sample of every type of kit available on my site. I know how to make the designs. And I’m happy to help you when you run into trouble. You can email or call me. If it is really unclear, I can even do a video conference with you to help you see what to do.
I have more experience in textiles than the average bead designer. I’ve been working with needle and thread since I was 5 (almost 50 years!). As such, I really UNDERSTAND what’s going on in the bead weaving. Why increases are done a certain way, how to shape a two dimensional sheet of beads into a 3 dimensional form. How to make the beads do what you want. And I know how to teach this. I spend 3 1/2 years as the program director for my local Embroiderer’s Guild of America chapter, teaching monthly programs in stitching. I can explain how to bead to you too.
And you get all this without ever having to leave your house. Is it difficult for you to travel? Is your LBS too far to drive? Are you too busy to shop? My kits will solve all these problems for you."
Hey Joann, In going over what you’ve written here. I’m not sure I see a unique selling proposition. I do see some benefits and some things that customers may appreciate with your service. And although I’m not familiar necessarily with your industry here. I’m just not 100% percent sure seeing something that is so unique that no other business that sells beads could say the same thing.
For instance you say that it’s easy and fun for them to be creative more than any other bead kit provider. You’re basically saying that no other bead kit provider is easy and fun you’re the unique business in that sense.
That’s very hard to believe; obviously the other bead companies would also say that they are fun and creative. Customers getting to choose exactly the design they’d like to do, I’m sure other bead providers or bead suppliers could say the same thing.
So you need to pick out what is so unique about your business that no other business could say it. Nobody should be able to say it. That’s a truly unique selling proposition. And sometimes this gets blurred with a unique value proposition. In where you’re trying to have a unique value for your product or service as compared to another business. Again, either way that word “unique” is very, very important. If it’s not so unique that nobody else is doing it, it’s really not a USP.
So you may want to try to focus on hey what can I do to be so unique that nobody else can offer it. Maybe it’s a special way that you ship things or special pricing, special guarantees, etc. Maybe you’re the absolute largest bead supplier. Maybe that’s something in there. I see you mentioning how you have all these different beads, maybe that’s something you can focus on.
So I would dig a little deeper and try to come up with that one reason why everybody should be doing business with you and not the other bead suppliers. Because you’ve got something so different they won’t find anywhere else.
Hope that helps you out,
- JR
No comments:
Post a Comment