Sunday, February 03, 2013

[Advice] What is a great referral program to offer my clients in the service industry?

Hey guys, just answered a question over on Quora

This question was asked:

"I'm growing my freelance multimedia (web & graphic design, video production etc) business into an agency and I've been blessed by great clients that always refer me to their friends/business colleagues. Initially, I'd offer them something free like a free video edit or free website feature upgrade or free graphics etc but I'm finding that it's taking so much of mine and my staffs time. Although grateful for the referrals, I'd like to design it in such a way that benefits both parties and doesn't leave me feeling like we lost time/money. Please help"

I would suggest using gifts instead of offering services for free. Or at least making it a discount instead of a free service.

Time is money, so you have to evaluate how much money it is actually costing you to do the free services.

Try tasking someone with the job of saying "thank you" not just for the ones who send you referrals but all customers. Use social media to find out a little about the customer who sent the referral so you can send a more personal gift.

Of course all of this needs to be balanced with what you have time for. It's great to reward customers who send referrals but you can't go broke doing so or spend all your time doing so.

Hope that helps,

 

- JR

 

JRGriggs.com || RedWallMarketing.com

No comments: