Hey guys, just posted this on a forum thread over at GKIC
Caleb wrote:
"Hi All,
I a midway through Magnetic Marketing. All I can say is WOW.
I am putting together my 3 step letter campaign at the moment which I will send out based on a geographic and demographic list.
My question is in addition to the 3 step letter campaign....
Would you ever do a direct mail piece of leaflets that is not sent to a specific person in the post but is sent purely based on geograpahic location?
The idea being that the flyer gets the receipiant to log on to my website and then enter their contact details to download a free report so i then have them as a list to keep marketing to?
The leaflet would be along the lines of: "7 secrets revealed about.....etc etc" "Get your FREE report e-mailed to you today etc etc"
Thanks for your advice,
Caleb"
Hey Caleb, you can do that. Conversion increases greatly though when you personalize the mailer. Seeing something like "Current Resident" is not as powerful as seeing your name in the address. Especially with an enevelope. It will be very hard to get them to open it.
You would be better off with postcards that do not need to be opened. Since you can get their attention much better.
But I always lean towards getting their name on there.
And if you really want to increase conversions. Use a PURL (Personal URL). So that the link on your mailer is something like MyWebsite.com/JohnDoe
That also will help conversions. It looks like a page design just for them. There are lots of services that can handle this for you. SendPepper is a good one.
Hope that helps,
- JR
No comments:
Post a Comment