Hey guys, just answered a question over on Quora
This question was asked:
"I need to hire someone local for a part-time (half-time) role. This needs to be someone who I can trust as part of their role will be to send emails on my behalf (i.e. as me). I'm willing to pay a fairly good amount but also want someone who ideally won't turn over quickly (imo, a standard problem with part-time admins). Where should I be looking?(Update: In case it's relevant, I'm based in the SF Bay Area.)
If it were me, I would put an ad up on Craigslist. They charge in some areas now for job postings but only $25. It's a lot cheaper than using Monster or most other services and the fee reduces the amount of scam jobs that get posted.
Make the ad detailed about the tasks and honest about what they can earn. I would use the ad to generate leads to a form (free wufoo account). Load that form up with questions you would want to ask in order to qualify a good candidate.Get some really good questions on there. Address all your concerns. Ask about if they are looking for something long term and are ok with it only being part time.I like to add challenges in there as well. Have them take a typing test (there are free sites that do this and give an easy link to share) and send you the results. Have them research something and post the answers. These tasks will help you see who has the skills you are looking for. It also weeds out the "tire kickers". The ones who can't be bothered to go through the process are not who you want.Use this method and by the time you get replies, you will have a lot to go on for making a decision. Call only the ones who followed the instructions properly. This will save you a ton of time and get you the right person for the job.Hope that helps,
-JR
JRGriggs.com || RedWallMarketing.com
No comments:
Post a Comment