Hey guys, just posted this on a forum thread over at GKIC
Jason wrote:
"I have started a business where I am offering design for web and print, as well as offering marketing services.
But I need to concentrate on one service to get my foot in the door, and I would like to start with web and print design.
I will be offering web design, web re-design, print design (biz cards, brochures, flyers, etc) Pretty much something every business needs. Then I will be upselling to marketing, direct mail campaigns, etc.
My question is how I should start my marketing. I have Magnetic Marketing and have skimmed through. I am just having a hard time seeing the steps to implement. Is it a 3 step direct mail campaign?
How would you start off marketing a company like mine with a limited budget (around $750)?
Thanks so much and I appreciate all of your advice." Jason
Hey Jason, in your situation with a limited a limited budget like you mentioned, I don’t think direct mail is going to be the best method for you.
It can be extremely costly and it takes time to test and perfect. But since you’re offering services to businesses that should help increase profits, I would start there.
Find the businesses that need the most help, the ones that you know need a new website, or a new brochure or a new business card will increase their customers and profits. And show them how you can do that, because that what these guys really care about. They don’t necessarily want a new website or a new brochure or a new business card.
What they do want is a more customers, more profits. So if you can show them that you have the ability to do that, you’ll have a better chance to get your foot in the door than trying to run a direct mail campaign which again can be very costly. So start with that method, I would just find businesses in your area that absolutely need your services and show them how your services can increase their profits.
Hope that helps,
- JR
JRGriggs.com || RedWallMarketing.com
Jason wrote:
"I have started a business where I am offering design for web and print, as well as offering marketing services.
But I need to concentrate on one service to get my foot in the door, and I would like to start with web and print design.
I will be offering web design, web re-design, print design (biz cards, brochures, flyers, etc) Pretty much something every business needs. Then I will be upselling to marketing, direct mail campaigns, etc.
My question is how I should start my marketing. I have Magnetic Marketing and have skimmed through. I am just having a hard time seeing the steps to implement. Is it a 3 step direct mail campaign?
How would you start off marketing a company like mine with a limited budget (around $750)?
Thanks so much and I appreciate all of your advice." Jason
Hey Jason, in your situation with a limited a limited budget like you mentioned, I don’t think direct mail is going to be the best method for you.
It can be extremely costly and it takes time to test and perfect. But since you’re offering services to businesses that should help increase profits, I would start there.
Find the businesses that need the most help, the ones that you know need a new website, or a new brochure or a new business card will increase their customers and profits. And show them how you can do that, because that what these guys really care about. They don’t necessarily want a new website or a new brochure or a new business card.
What they do want is a more customers, more profits. So if you can show them that you have the ability to do that, you’ll have a better chance to get your foot in the door than trying to run a direct mail campaign which again can be very costly. So start with that method, I would just find businesses in your area that absolutely need your services and show them how your services can increase their profits.
Hope that helps,
- JR
JRGriggs.com || RedWallMarketing.com
No comments:
Post a Comment