Thursday, December 27, 2012

[Advice] Lawyer vs Attorney....who do I mail to???

Hey guys, just posted this on a forum thread over at GKIC

Roland wrote:

"Looking to do some direct mail to Lawyers

does anyone have some direct mail pieces

that they would share....please

Also...take a Poll....

should I use the word Lawyers?

or use Attorney?

on the direct mail

what are your thoughts?

thank you

Roland L"

You can always test which one works better. Or use both. If you are doing a small mailing and have the time to personalize it, you could visit their websites and see which title they use more often.

But if I'm not mistaken, Attorney is the preferred title. I believe to use that title you must have passed the bar and be licensed to practice law. A lawyer can be used for someone who has simply studied law. This can also vary in different states as to how it is used.

So, your best bet is to look at the bulk of the market you are targetting and see which title they use the most.

Hope that helps,

- JR

JRGriggs.com || RedWallMarketing.com

No comments: