Hey guys, just answered a question over on Quora
This question was asked:
"Nowadays, if I want to find the best electric razor for example, I don't get my advice from a random ad I see on YouTube telling me it's the best, I go to a site like Amazon, evaluate the ratings of the hivemind, perhaps ask a few close friends, do some more research, and buy the best one. You don't have to be a genius to do this.I feel as though the new generation will be too smart to buy into random ads just because the ad is telling them to. They will demand evidence, and they can get it by themselves in record time as technology improves.
Yes and no. A good ad will always convert, especially if it has all the elements you just mentioned that you use. Like an ad with Amazon reviews directly on it for example. Or in a digital ad it is already displaying what your friends have said about it.
So ads that don't evolve may be less effective. But ads will always be around and will only get better over time. Good marketers always evolve with the tools and trends available. The principles are always the same, the tools just change over time.Hope that helps,- JR
JRGriggs.com || RedWallMarketing.com
No comments:
Post a Comment