Hey guys, just answered a question over on Quora
This question was asked:
"My P.A. does all of the regular stuff like emails, scanning, phone call screening, etc but how else can I make my life better/more efficient/happier/easier/more productive by utilizing her to help with other things?"
You need to calculate what your time is worth and what activities that you are doing that should be done by someone else. Think of any task that you could be doing to better your business or productivity that does not require your most valuable skills.
Having her do busy work that you don't have enough time for is great. But are there tasks you wish you could be doing that you just don't have time for? If those tasks do not need your expertise and can be done by an assistant, then have her do them.
Sometimes part of the task needs your expertise but some of it does not. That is another way to get more done with an assistant.
In fact, this question was found and emailed to me by my Virtual Assistant. There is no way I could keep up with the questions on here and be productive. But I still love helping people and using the site, so I have outsourced the part of this that does not require my expertise. Although I am the one typing this right now, sometimes I will even send my VA an audio response and they will transcribe my answer here.
Hope that helps open the box a little more for you,
This question was asked:
"My P.A. does all of the regular stuff like emails, scanning, phone call screening, etc but how else can I make my life better/more efficient/happier/easier/more productive by utilizing her to help with other things?"
You need to calculate what your time is worth and what activities that you are doing that should be done by someone else. Think of any task that you could be doing to better your business or productivity that does not require your most valuable skills.
Having her do busy work that you don't have enough time for is great. But are there tasks you wish you could be doing that you just don't have time for? If those tasks do not need your expertise and can be done by an assistant, then have her do them.
Sometimes part of the task needs your expertise but some of it does not. That is another way to get more done with an assistant.
In fact, this question was found and emailed to me by my Virtual Assistant. There is no way I could keep up with the questions on here and be productive. But I still love helping people and using the site, so I have outsourced the part of this that does not require my expertise. Although I am the one typing this right now, sometimes I will even send my VA an audio response and they will transcribe my answer here.
Hope that helps open the box a little more for you,
- JR
No comments:
Post a Comment