Hey guys, just posted this on a forum thread over at GKIC
Charlie wrote:
"I have a friend I'm wanting to try out the Giorgio letters on. I am trying to adapt for him. He's been doing Heating A/C for 20 years, but just started his company.
He doesn't have a building, so we can't have people come to him. And he definitely doesn't want to offer "free house call or inspection".
What would be a good "widget" to get his best customer to raise their hand?
Charlie (I know it says Richard, but it's wrong =)
PS - We're going after homes in neighborhoods 10-20 years old (if that helps)"
Hey Charlie, some great advice here. I would think of the "widget" as something to get his foot in the door. He may not want to do a free inspection but that will grow his chances to get in the home. The idea of course is that he meets the home owner, he can get a fridge magnet in the house and maybe a service sticker on the A/C. He can start the relationship of being their HVAC guy. And of course, if there are repairs needed, he can sell those right there in the home.
If he doesn't want free, he can do it at a super discounted one time only price. But getting in the door should be his primary goal. I think having a maintenance plan ready to sell as was mentioned here, would also be smart. In fact, why not have a DVD that can play for the home owner while he is doing the inspection? Cover the dangers of not keeping the system maintained.
Hope that helps,
- JR
No comments:
Post a Comment